Full-stack developer required for innovator in bot and messaging solutions
Synthetix is one of the UK’s leading developers of customer service solutions, with cutting-edge technology and blue-chip clients. We’re building a new generation of conversational chatbots which can talk to customers on our clients’ websites and seamlessly integrating multi-channel messaging solutions to connect customers with live contact-centre agents.
About the Role
The Synthetix multi-tenant customer service platform handles millions of customer interactions per day. Working on a product with such a number of users is motivating – fixing even the smallest bug has an impact on thousands of people. The release of a new feature makes can have a huge impact affects how companies around the world are able to support and connect with their customers.
In order to continue evolving our product into an all-in-one messaging and customer service platform, we need your help. We have ambitious plans for the development of our product and can’t wait to hear your ideas.
Working at Synthetix is varied. We don’t build silos, so on a given day you could be building the next generation of our platform, rolling out new features, deploying new client instances or supporting existing client implementations.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in working with consumer-facing applications;
- Track record of writing well-tested and high-quality code;
- Courage to move fast, innovate, make bold technical decisions, and to sustain tight product cycles (two weeks!);
- Knowledge of working with RESTful APIs and JSON data;
- Good understanding of SaaS business models;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Front-end, back-end, or full-stack experience in a work or classroom setting;
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms);
- Experience with web development best practices such as A/B testing, CI/CD, Git, OWASP top 10 for building code securely;
- Cloud platform experience with AWS or Azure;
- A passion for creating highly-effective technology.
Don’t worry if you can’t tick every box right away.
Our business philosophy is strongly rooted in the way we operate. These values are shared by our whole team. In them, we look for purpose, motivation, and encouragement.
- Think agile. We’re a 20-year industry veteran, but still in start-up mode!
- Keep it simple. Don’t overcomplicate things and focus on what really matters: high-quality results. Prioritize working smart with quick iterations;
- Teamwork. Your work adds more value and leads to better results when combined with someone else’s work. Share your knowledge and help each other;
- Take ownership. Focus on releasing on time and delivering value to customers. Take ownership of your responsibilities;
- Tell it how it is. Be direct and honest. Share your doubts openly. We only improve as a team with honest feedback;
- Be creative. Use your imagination to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, forms, methods, and interpretations. Create a new status quo;
- Learn from mistakes. Only then can we evolve into a stronger company. At the same time, pay attention to your errors and share them with others.
So, if you are…
- A team player. You work together with a team, share best practice, enabling what’s best in people;
- Well organised. You know how to set the priorities right and manage complex projects without assistance;
- A hacker. You enjoy experimenting with technology and you are good at leveraging different techniques to improve the status quo;
- Working in an environment of passionate people on projects used worldwide by millions of people every month;
- All the equipment, tools and services you will need to succeed in your work;
- A starting salary of circa £23,000 – £35,000 (dependant on skills and experience).
- Health and fitness. We offer private healthcare and our office has 24/7 access to a gym;
- We offer generous paid leave with the ability to earn an extra day with each year of service;
- Pre-COVID, we organised elaborate and fun annual trips to places like Iceland, Madrid, Amsterdam and Edinburgh;
- Career development and support to gain accreditations and qualifications on the job.
You’ll need to be resident in the UK, though we can accommodate remote working, or base the role partly from our lovely office based near Stansted in Essex.
As an ethical employer, Synthetix follows the principles laid down by EHRC and ACAS.